Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day Three and a Thanks to my Readers

Hi interwebs!

I know at least some people have been reading this blog according to my stats, so I will continue with these posts. So, on with day three!



Hmmm. Favorite New Series Episode. Oh my. I could go on for days...


Well, I'll list one from each New Series Doctor.

1. Christopher Eccleston: "Rose"

I like this episode because even though I hadn't seen any prior episodes, as I started with Nine and didn't skip him like the rest of the fandom did. It was a really good episode to introduce a brand new story arc. I liked the way Rose Tyler's character developed, with her just being an ordinary shop girl who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. For awhile, I wished I was her.

Also, AUTONS! A perfect excuse to poke shop dummies to check if they're one.


2. David Tennant: "Journey's End"

Oh my Medusa Cascade. This episode was a huge reunion/action thing that I loved. All with Davros and the Daleks and the Reality Bomb. And, of course, Captain Jack Harkness. Never can forget him, warp star and all. Poor Harriet, though. Shed a quite few tears.

Plus, there was the Metacrisis Doctor.

Rose gets her happy ending with TenTwo.


(*Crying in the corner*) Oh, don't mind me, I'm just a single, lonely, and slightly depressed girl. I have no Doctor to my Companion. No happy ending.

On a lighter note:
3. Matt Smith: "The Doctor's Wife"

This episode, in my opinion was one of the funniest episodes. Once upon a time, I toyed with the TARDIS consciousness being placed in a woman for a fanfic, to see how she would feel after 700 years of traveling. Neil Gaiman perfectly captured this idea with lots of wit and funny moments, with a plotline of a living asteroid running through it. I liked Idrs's character so much, I named a GPS after her. (The car Idris is in? TARDIS blue. Nickname? CARDIS.) Even though some may regard it as a filler episode, I still liked it.


Like a nine-year-old trying to rebuild a motorbike in his bedroom. The Junkyard TARDIS.


Loved that line!

So, there you go. Comment please, so I know that my readers are alive!

Signing off,
-Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment